The digital age has made volunteering more accessible anywhere. We want to make sure our students who are taking classes online and may not be in Gainesville are also being served and serving others. There are still many ways you can get involved no matter what city you are in.
Here are some ways you can engage in Service:
- International Gator Day- We have partnered with the Alumni Association to be sure that distance learning students know they too can participate in our Gator Club International Gator Days. Gator Clubs® from around the world will unite to utilize the size and spirit of the Gator Nation to positively impact local communities. Each Club will take on a project that is important to their community and will volunteer the time and talents of its members to serve others. Visit the Alumni Association website to see what service is going on in a city near you.
Check out some of the online databases for volunteer opportunities:
- Volunteer Match- VolunteerMatch is a database of digital volunteer opportunities that allows you to filter by location, distance from location, keywords, skills, organization name, preferred partners, national service, cause areas and age range.
- American Red Cross- The Red Cross offers training for individuals interested in assisting their social engagement team in communicating with people on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using Radian6 and other online tools during times of disaster.
- All for Good- The All For Good database makes it easy to search by your local area, by state, by exclusively virtual opportunities or even for self directed volunteer positions. What sticks out the most about the All For Good database is the range of positions highlighted from both prominent non-profits and local grassroots organizations, giving every position equal visibility.
- United Nations- Choose one of the many volunteer opportunities available through the United Nations based on either your skills and experience, a specific development topic like environment, health or gender or a specific geographic location.
* Information used from Huffington Post *