Need a Brown Center for Leadership and Service staff member to present to, or table at, your class or organization?
Take a look at the links below to find out more about our offerings and how to request our staff.
The Brown Center for Leadership and Service is available as a resource to train student organizations, present in classes and speak at conferences and meetings. We attempt to accommodate all of our presentation requests but we have a small staff and need at least 2 weeks-notice, or 4 weeks for a custom presentation, in order to accommodate your request. Below you will find descriptions of many of the presentations we offer, if there is something you are looking for that is not listed, just let us know.
Available presentations are:
- Customized Presentation - This presentation requires a consultation with a Brown Center Staff Member before it will be confirmed
To request a presentation, please fill out the request form.
The Brown Center is excited to provide outreach tabling specific to any leadership and service we cover, or to market our services in general, at any University of Florida event. To ensure availability, we recommend requests be submitted at least 2 weeks in advance of your desired program date. Submit a request using the request link below!
Thinking of planning an event related to leadership or service? The Brown Center is excited to collaborate with student organizations, classes, departments, and other UF affiliates to promote positive, socially responsible leadership! Our staff is well trained in program development and event planning related to leadership development and impactful service experiences. By collaborating with the Brown Center , you will boost the credibility of your event with the expertise, skills and activities our staff will provide.
To get started contact the appropriate staff member based on your needs:
Service events - Shenita Denson, Assistant Director Community Engagement & Service Learning
Leadership events - Taylor Stokes, Assistant Director Leadership Initiatives
If you are a journalism student who wishes to speak to a Brown Center staff member, use the request link below to send an email our office. Once submitted, your request will be assigned and you will be contacted by a staff member. We recommend that interviews be scheduled at least 2 or more days before story the is due. If you are a non-student journalists, you do not need to fill out the form. Please call the Brown Center at (352) 392-1215 to make arrangements to speak with a staff member.
Tips for Student Journalists:
- Use the request link below to send an email explaining what the story is about, the topic of the article, and/or a link(s) to any pertinent information. This information is essential so that you will be scheduled with the appropriate staff member.
- When filling out the interview request form, include the interview questions you intend to ask so that the staff member is prepared with the most pertinent information.
- Please call in advance if you need to cancel the appointment.
- Due to limited staff availability, we may not be able to schedule the interview for the same day.
- Due to limited staff availability, missed appointments can only be re-scheduled once.