LeadUF Leadership Coaches
Leadership Coach Applications for Spring 2020 are currently open through December 6th.
Faculty, staff and graduate students are invited to facilitate the LeadUF experience! Leadership Coaches motivate and support students during this semester-long leadership development program. Coaches assist participants in identifying their personal leadership framework while fostering a mentoring relationship with participants. Coaches attend two retreats with participants, as well as meet with participants individually throughout the semester.
More specific responsibilities of Coaches
- Facilitate small group discussions and reflections at the retreats.
- Review main curriculum components and discuss practical applications.
- Meet with assigned mentee students (3 or 4) at least once for a short 1:1 check-in.
- Provide suggestions of events, programs, organizations that would align with students' interests
- Challenge students to make connections between involvement and other life experiences
Time Requirements / Expectations
- Leadership Coaches can be a UF staff, faculty member, or graduate student.
- Attend two in-person trainings prior to kick-off retreat (Training 1: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 3:00pm-4:30pm, Training 2: Wednesday, January 29, 2020, 3:00pm-4:30pm)
- Attend the overnight kick-off retreat (February 1-2, 2020 in Live Oak, FL- Camp Weed)
- Meet with students for 1:1 check-in during the semester
- Attend the closing retreat (Gainesville, FL, March 21, 2020)
Contact BCLS@ufsa.ufl.edu for inquiries.
Here is what students said about having a leadership coach as part of their LeadUF Experience:
"Having a leadership coach personalizes the experience and gives you a paternal/maternal mentor that you can rely on if you need help. I definitely want to continue communication with my leadership coaches moving forward."
"I really saw my coach as someone I could go to for help as a mentor figure. She made herself so available and was so friendly. It made the experience more personable and conversational."
"I'm glad I had a leadership coach because I felt like it gave me someone I could be open with and they were/are very supportive of me. They helped me find my personal style of leadership and plan how I'm going to implement that into my life at UF."
"My leadership coach meeting inspired me to move on from my failure and assess how I can do better in different aspect of my life"