LeadUF Leadership Coaches
2017 Leadership Coach Applications are OPEN
Faculty, staff and graduate students are invited to apply to facilitate the LeadUF experience! Leadership Coaches motivate and support students during this semester-long leadership development program. Coaches assist participants in identifying their personal leadership framework while fostering a mentoring relationship with participants. Coaches attend two day-long retreats with participants as well as meet with participants individually throughout the semester.
*Applications due August 27
Leadership Coaches are a key component of LeadUF. Coaches motivate and support students during the semester-long program, and assist participants in identifying their personal leadership framework.
More specific responsibilities of Coaches
- Review main curriculum components and discuss practical applications.
- Provide student with positive and constructive feedback
- Review and approve reflection submissions
- Provide suggestions of events, programs, organizations that would align with students' interests
- Challenge students to make connections between involvement and other life experiences
- Guide students in their leadership development and evaluate student leadership competencies on a regular basis
Requirements / Expectations
- Leadership Coaches must be a full-time staff or faculty member. Graduate students are eligible on a case by case basis dependent upon mentorship experience.
- Attend two day-long retreats on September 23 and November 18, 2017
- Meet with your assigned participants at least 1 time during the semester
- Attend one in-person training on Friday, September 8 from 3:00-5:00pm. The training will outline the purpose, goals and expectations of LeadUF, foundational competencies of the program, and how to incorporate the competencies in conversations with students.
Contact Taylor Stokes at email@example.com for inquiries.