Gator Global Initiative
Creative minds igniting social change
Gator Global Initiative conference
november 4 - 5, 2016
More information to come
Gator Global Initiative, a social impact conference, inspires students to find their passion and create change locally, nationally, and globally. Students will interact with each other and speakers to develop into socially responsible leaders within their community. Gator Global Initiative strives to create a knowledge-sharing space for individuals from across disciplines and interests with a common desire individuals to foster a collaborative atmosphere towards action.
"I am strong, I am powerful, I overcome, I am a LEADER!"
From the Fall 2015 Gator Global Initiative Conference: The 2015 GGI keynote, Mr. Jacob Atem, kicked off the event with his powerful story as one of the Lost Boys of South Sudan:
As a part of GGI, students:
- Recognize and identify the value of collaborative and diverse relationships within campus and the community
- Think critically about social issues that affect individuals and communities
- Identify, practice and apply skills and strategies that strengthen individuals capacity for social change and impact
- Practice reflection and self-awareness on their role in the community
- Take community based/civically focused action
For more information, contact Roshan Patel at email@example.com