Fall Family Weekend
The Dean of Students Office and the Brown Center for Leadership and Service will be partnering for Fall Family Weekend. This is a unique opportunity for UF students and family members to serve UF's campus and the greater Gainesville community. On Friday, September 27, families can serve at either the Field and Fork Gardens or the Humane Society of North Central Florida. The Farm and Gardens exists to provide fresh produce to the Alan and Cathy Hitchcock Pantry and local food charities. The Humane Society of North Central Florida exists to eliminate the needless euthanasia of healthy and treatable pets in North Central Florida. Please register for the event here.
Important details to note before registering for the event:
1) Minors under the age of 16 must serve with their parent/guardian the entire duration of the service project. Please do not register a minor unless a parent or guardian is also registered.
2) You must coordinate your own ride to each service site. Please try to be at the service site five minutes before the listed time.
3) Address of each service site:
The Field and Fork Farm and Gardens - 2656 Museum Drive, Gainesville FL 32611 (Building 503)
- on the North side of Museum Drive, across from Lake Alice and adjacent to the Bat Houses
(Parking for the The Field and Fork Farm and Gardens can be tight, so we suggest either taking the RTS or walking.)
Alachua County Humane Society - 4205 NW 6th Street, Gainesville, FL 32609
4) If you are a UF student, you can still register to serve even if you don't attend with your family.