Days of Service
2018 - 2019 Days of Service Dates
Fall Day of Service - Saturday, October 20
Volunteer registration is now CLOSED. Thank you so much for your interest in participating in Fall Day of Service! Keep your eyes open for MLK Day of Service!
Fall Day of Service 2018 will be on Saturday October 20th with 19 of our amazing community partners.
VOLUNTEERS: Meet at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium at 7:45 AM for early check-in and at 8:00 AM for regular check-in. Volunteering at the actual site will be from 9 AM-1PM.
MLK Day of Service - Monday, January 21, 2019
Community partner registration and volunteer registeration will open in Fall 2018.
Unfortunately, we do not have the availability to reserve/hold spots for student organizations as the registrations require a waiver form to participate which need to be completed on an individual basis. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that may cause! However, there is a plan to help you and your organization members get all signed up!
- Have your organization decide which location you want to volunteer with. Check the registration page and click on the Green Register button to see the details on each of the different service sites.
- If you have a service site in mind, go ahead and tell your members to register for that one. We recommend having everyone sign up all together, whether it be at an organization's meeting or coordinating a set time to ensure you get the spots you'd like.
- Each student will need to sign-off on the waiver and provide the information we need to have on file for them (i.e. their email address, name, etc.) individually. One point person cannot sign up or sign the waiver on behalf of the students in the organization.
While we cannot hold spots for student organizations, we are able to reserve spaces for First Year Florida classes interested in participating in the Fall Day of Service.
- Ensure that you register your class using this link.
- Decide which location you want to volunteer with. Check the registration page and click on the Green Register button to see the details on each of the different service sites.
- Once you have a service site in mind, please contact VHernandez@ufsa.ufl.edu with the location. We will pull the site off of our main registration page and find a time to get your students registered for Day of Service.
- Each student will need to sign-off on the waiver and provide the information we need to have on file for them (i.e. their email address, name, etc.). It might be best to do this during one of your class periods. If you would like for a representative from the Brown Center to come and speak to your class, let us know ASAP so we can coordinate that as well.
This Fall 2018 Day of Service we are lucky to have 21 phenomenal community partners with us! Click the links on the names to find out more about each location! You can also find a brief description of these on our registration site.