Service-Learning is a teaching and learning strategy that integrates meaningful community service with instruction and reflection to enrich the learning experience, teach civic responsibility, and strengthen communities (servicelearning.org).
The BCLS is here to provide you with ideas for service-learning curriculum development, reflective activities that help students think critically about their experience, organization placements for students, and presentations to prepare students prior to service. If you would like to set an appointment to have a Service Learning Consultation or a Site Referral please email email@example.com
Our goals as an office are to:
- Provide resources to faculty, staff and students on the benefits of SL.
- Grow the number of quality SL opportunities across disciplines.
- Strengthen/improve current SL opportunities
- Strengthen campus/community partnerships to enhance SL experiences for students.
- Promote the culture of SL across the UF institution.